Real Parents, Real Meals with Cassandra Curtis
Next up in this series we have Cassandra Curtis. Cassandra is the Co-Founder and Chief Innovation Officer at Once Upon a Farm. This company is cool! They make organic, cold-pressed baby food.
How does Cassandra approach nutrition at home?
- Tune into your body. Even kids can use their intuition to understand what they want and how much.
- Balance. We are balanced. It’s OK to eat a cookie from time to time.
- Watch your words. “I choose my words around food wisely. I watch out for the ‘shoulds’ and the ‘bads’. You have to be careful about food perceptions, especially with my daughters. I try to be mindful!”
- Cassandra reminds us that sitting down for meals teaches us to slow down. You don’t have to multitask with everything!
Foublie is a big proponent of family meals. (Did you know that there are nutrition and academic benefits to a family dinner?!)
- “It’s hard for people to take a moment and be mindful. But sitting down helps us be in tune with our bodies and our fullness and hunger signals”.
What’s Cassandra’s go-to family meal?
This is a 10 minute meal people! To make it balanced and delicious she starts with lots of veggies, adds a protein like tempeh, shrimp or chicken. From there the varieties are endless. Her favorite is adding coconut milk and a scoop of curry paste. Yum!
*Note: This is not a sponsored post. We will highlight businesses and people that we believe in and that share Foublie’s values. Know someone we should talk to? Shoot us a note at [email protected]
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?