Real Parents, Real Meals with Cassandra Curtis
Next up in this series we have Cassandra Curtis. Cassandra is the Co-Founder and Chief Innovation Officer at Once Upon a Farm. This company is cool! They make organic, cold-pressed baby food.
How does Cassandra approach nutrition at home?
- Tune into your body. Even kids can use their intuition to understand what they want and how much.
- Balance. We are balanced. It’s OK to eat a cookie from time to time.
- Watch your words. “I choose my words around food wisely. I watch out for the ‘shoulds’ and the ‘bads’. You have to be careful about food perceptions, especially with my daughters. I try to be mindful!”
- Cassandra reminds us that sitting down for meals teaches us to slow down. You don’t have to multitask with everything!
Foublie is a big proponent of family meals. (Did you know that there are nutrition and academic benefits to a family dinner?!)
- “It’s hard for people to take a moment and be mindful. But sitting down helps us be in tune with our bodies and our fullness and hunger signals”.
What’s Cassandra’s go-to family meal?
This is a 10 minute meal people! To make it balanced and delicious she starts with lots of veggies, adds a protein like tempeh, shrimp or chicken. From there the varieties are endless. Her favorite is adding coconut milk and a scoop of curry paste. Yum!
*Note: This is not a sponsored post. We will highlight businesses and people that we believe in and that share Foublie’s values. Know someone we should talk to? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!