How to Prepare Infant Formula
So you have the best formula for you. Now what? In this article we take on how to prepare formula for your little one. Formula comes in ready-to-feed, powder, or liquid concentrate. We think that you can handle the ready-to-feed and liquid kinds because they are self-explanatory. Let’s take a look at the powdered kind, that can be a bit tricky.
How to Prepare Formula, the Powdered Kind
- First, thoroughly wash your hands.
- Then, check the can for the specific recipe. A standard recipe is 2 ounces of water mixed with 1 unpacked, level scoop of formula, but there are some variations.
- Next, measure your water pour desired amount into the baby bottle.
- Add powdered formula to the bottle – use a level scoop and don’t pack it down.
- Lastly, attach the cap to the bottle and shake
It’s ready. What now?
Obviously, you are ready to feed your baby or store the mixed formula in the refrigerator. Please remember, you do not need to warm up formula. But if you would like to heat it, run the bottle under warm water instead of microwaving it. Consequently this will prevent overheating or hot spots.
It should be noted, once your baby starts a bottle do not place any remaining formula back in the refrigerator. Any unused formula should be tossed.
How to Store Formula
- Store powdered formula that is open in its original container in a cool dry place.
- Do not store open powdered formula for more than 30 days.
- Give your baby mixed formula immediately, or you can store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Last, use any mixed formula within 24 hours.
You’ve got this! Remember, feeding infants is hard! There is lots of learning that must happen for all involved. If you need help troubleshooting, Foublie coaches are here for you!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?